Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Have You Sent Your Christmas Cards Out Yet?






I remember as a young lad when every Christmas my Mum would string out a hundred or so cards around the walls, from all our friends and family. I remember seeing pictures of snowmen, Sleighs, Holly and Snow Flakes, and thinking it seemed so foreign. Little did I know that one day I would be living in the mountains, waking up to Christmas with snow piled up to the door, and making snowmen and snow angels with the kids, as our noses froze. I even have a sister in law (SIL) named Holly. Back to Australia. One of our famous Aussie cards showed Santa wearing shorts and boots, (see picture to left). Do people still send Christmas (Chrissy) Cards? We usally try and send a newsletter or a family photo, but it is usually well into the New Year before it gets sent out.

It seems that in this e-mail age that people are more likely to send e-mails then post via snail mail, so as a back up for you busy folks out there, I will send a link to a free e-christmas card site from Nurnberg, the home of the largest Christmas store in Germany. It is in both German and English, and I have included a few pics as well. Stay tuned for more Chrissy Blogs, as the season progresses. (This feature is dedicated to my friend CJ, one of the world's living dinky di Santas)

Enjoy
SSG Oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home