Sunday, September 25, 2005


CHILLI COOK OFF


In celebration of Spanish-American week, the hospital offered a "chilli cook-off". I have no spanish blood what so ever, but I do like chilli, (a direct result of three years living in Texas). Deciding to experiment a little, I journeyed to the comissary with the beginning of a receipe in my head. With limited resources I decided to start with canned chilli, canned chopped tomatoes, ranch beans and add the swedish meatball sauce from my friend John's receipe. His ingredients were simple Picante sauce and Grape Jelly. To cut a long story short, after experimenting on my roomates and getting the thumbs up, I made a pot, added caramalised onions and entered the cookoff. Well I didn't win. But my pot was scraped clean, everyone apparently enjoying my mix of ingredients. I even had a cool name "Montana Mild Fire". Not to worry I should win the next time we celebrate "National Australian-American Week".

Montana Mild Fire
3 cans Wolf Chilli
1lg can chopped tomatoes
3 cans texas ranch beans

1 can picante sauce
1 cup grape jelly


1/2 onion chopped
tblspn honey
butter

Fry the onions then add all ingredients, bring to boil and then simmer for 1 hour.
Let cool and reheat the following day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home