Thursday, September 22, 2005

TOO LAZY TO BIKE



My German $600 Hooptie died not long ago, the victim of a broken timing belt, and the enormous amount of cash it would take to fix it. The bright side was that it carked it right in front of a Burger King (Hungry Jack's), and not on the autobahn. The downside was that now I had to catch a bus or ride my bike. At the time I wasn't too enthused about either choice.

I always thought that biking was for people too lazy to run. Well, about three weeks ago I went on a long mountain bike ride with a couple of mates. It was really hard work, and alot of fun. That day and the next I put on over 40 miles, and have biked another 50 or so since.

I decided that when I get back to Montana, that I would go biking more often. I even traded my freebie walmart special bike in for a 21speed schwim. (A red one). There are so many trails here in Germany, a product of a poor transport system after the war and centuries of pilgrimages by priests and travellers. I have at least two old castles within cooee, and an old railway line that extends all the way to France. So if you are up to it come join me on a ride sometime either her e or in Montana. Try and keep up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home